| Government refuses to pay compensation to 2002 Rajdhani Express mishap victims by railgenie on 02 April, 2013 - 03:00 PM | ||
|---|---|---|
railgenie | Government refuses to pay compensation to 2002 Rajdhani Express mishap victims on 02 April, 2013 - 03:00 PM | |
PATNA: The state government on Monday refused to pay any compensation to the victims of New Delhi Rajdhani Express disaster at Rafiganj in Aurangabad district on September 9, 2002. Maoists had blown up the railway track at Rafiganj causing the derailment of Rajdhani Express. Altogether 130 passengers were killed in the incident.Water resources minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, while replying to a short notice question of JD-U MLA Pradip Kumar, said no compensation will be paid to the victims. "There is neither any file nor any note issued to the department concerned about the assurance of ex gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the victims by the then CM Rabri Devi," he said, adding it is the responsibility of the railway ministry to give compensation.Pradip Kumar had earlier demanded compensation from the state government to the family of Vijay Kumar Pradip, a geologist in Jharkhand, and other victims. Vijay was among those killed in the derailment. | ||